5 Ways To Keep Your Feet Healthy
Remember that old saying, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”, well here are a few tips to stay in good foot health:
1. Practice good foot hygiene – Wash your feet well, and dry them thoroughly afterwards to help prevent issues with bacteria and fungi. And a few times a months try a foot bath. I find that the “Netflix and Chill” days are the best times for this. And remember being fancy is not necessary. A simple combination of water, Epsom salts and a few drops of essential oils to tailor your foot bath will be luxurious & beneficial. But if you want to have an all out Spa Night try two of my favorite feet pampering products: Thesis Beauty Walk In The Park Foot Scrub & Thesis Beauty Orange Vanilla Body Creme.
2. Moisturize your feet – It is important to hydrate the skin of your feet to replenish all the lost moisture. Be sure to apply great moisturizer like One Love Organics Skin Savior Wonder Balm liberally to heels, sides of the feet and around the toes.
3. Wear appropriate footwear – Make sure to buy the right size of footwear to avoid bruising or tearing the skin surrounding the pressure points of the feet. And be sure to buy the proper shoes for specific activities. This has become the most important of all to me. As the count down to turning 40 is in the less than 6 months stage, let’s just say the Sneakhead is totally winning in the long time battle of the Big Girl Shoes vs Girls In Sneaks.
4. Trim your toenails – Do not create deep curves at the edges and trim to just above the skin. Cutting nails straight across helps to avoid ingrown nails. Here is a little nail trim tip from my How-Tues(day) nail care series.
5. See a Podiatrist regularly – If you notice or feel anything unusual in your feet, do not hesitate to see your Podiatrist immediately.
I have a few more foot healthy tips in my arsenal, but here is the bare minimum. If you have any, please share with the rest of us!
photo credit: SCHULMAN ARTS